About Your Local Blood Supplier
For over 70 years, Marsh Regional Blood Center has been the largest hometown supplier of blood and blood products for those in need in the Appalachian Highlands – Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia.
Who are we?
At Marsh Regional Blood Center, we stand by our mantra: “Give Here. Help Here.” With your help, we can enrich our community and support people here at home.
Lois Marsh established the area’s first hospital-based blood bank in Kingsport in 1947. From the beginning, the mission of Marsh Regional Blood Center has been to work with local donors and volunteers to give back to the community.
Marsh has steadily grown over the years. We’re honored to use your generous donations to supply 25 medical facilities, all regional cancer centers, and local rescue aircraft. Marsh Regional Blood Center is the sole provider of blood for all 21 Ballad Health hospitals.
We’re proud that medical facilities in this area are supplied by blood collections right here at home.
How can I help?
You can help people in need by donating to your local blood collection center or blood drive. You can also partner with us to host a blood drive at your church, organization, business or civic center.
Who benefits from my donation?
When you make a blood donation with Marsh Regional Blood Center, you can always be sure that your contribution is helping those who need it most. We and our partners strive to provide the members of the Highlands community with the care that they need to make it through the most trying of circumstances. Your donation helps us achieve this goal.
You can be sure that your contribution is going to help someone in need in one of the following facilities:
- Bristol Regional Medical Center | Bristol, TN
- Buchanan General Hospital | Grundy, VA
- Clinch Valley Medical Center | Richlands, VA
- Dickenson Community Hospital | Clintwood, VA
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital | Johnson City, TN
- Hancock County Hospital | Sneedville, TN
- Hawkins County Memorial Hospital | Rogersville, TN
- Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital | Kingsport, TN
- Holston Valley Medical Center | Kingsport, TN
- Indian Path Community Hospital | Kingsport, TN
- James H. Quillen VA Medical Center | Johnson City, TN
- Johnson City Medical Center | Johnson City, TN
- Johnson County Community Hospital | Mountain City, TN
- Johnston Memorial Hospital | Abingdon, VA
- Lonesome Pine Hospital | Big Stone Gap, VA
- Mountain View Regional Hospital | Norton, VA
- Norton Community Hospital | Norton, VA
- Russel County Hospital | Lebanon, VA
- Select Specialty Hospital | Bristol, TN/VA
- Smyth County Community Hospital | Marion, VA
- Sycamore Shoals Hospital | Elizabethton, TN
- Greeneville Community Hospital | Greeneville, TN
- Tazewell Community Hospital | Tazewell, VA
- The Rehabilitation Hospital of Southwest Virginia | Bristol, VA
- Unicoi County Hospital | Erwin, TN
Our licensure and accreditation
See our qualifications for yourself – click any of the links below to view our current licensures and certificates of accreditation.
Tennessee Department of Health: Licensed to conduct and maintain a Medical Laboratory in the Specialties of PH, Bacteriology (limited), hematology, and ABO Group and RH type
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments: Lab certifications in bacteriology, routine chemistry, hematology, and ABO & RH group
AABB: Certificate for Donor Center Activities
FDA: Blood Establishment Registration and Product Listing for Manufacturers of Blood Products and Licensed Devices