Marsh Regional Blood Center is always looking for opportunities to increase donations over the summer break and that’s why we started this scholarship opportunity! We know that we can always count on our dedicated high school and college students to rise to the occasion, and we want to offer them a reward for going the extra mile with our Save the Summer Scholarship program. This scholarship opportunity is in addition to the existing grants and scholarships that Marsh makes available to students and schools.
We are asking students to help us save local lives by conducting blood drives. Area high school juniors, seniors and college students who organize and host a successful blood drive with Marsh Regional Blood Center during their summer break will be eligible to win a scholarship for their college education. Marsh will award $500 to the student who collects the most units with a check made payable directly to the college or university of their choice.
How to Save the Summer:
- Choose a blood drive location in your community or opt to host the drive at either of our locations in Kingsport or Bristol
- Select a date during your Summer break
- Recruit friends, family members and neighbors to donate (Hint: use social media)
- Collect a minimum of 25 units
- Units can be blood or platelets (platelets will be counted as double points)
- Donors must let us know the name of the “Summer Saver” they are donating for at registration
Any student that collects 50 units will automatically win a $500 scholarship!
We are excited about this program and look forward to helping the students in our community further their educations. We ask that you please share this information with your eligible students, and feel free to make copies and post this letter around your campus. For more information or for assistance, call us at (423) 408-7500.